This volunteer outing just might be a repeat event.
On Saturday morning I went out to Shirlington Village (Have you BEEN there? Every time I go I can't get over how amazingly cute it is and I'm pretty sure I am moving there at some point in the future.)
Dogma Bakery...
...was hosting an adoption event through Lucky Dog Animal Rescue.
I volunteered as a dog handler (like you see when you drive by Petsmart on the weekends).
There were many dogs there.
There was Cody...
And Phillip...
And many others. But I was assigned to a lovely Beagle/Foxhound mix named "Russell."
Russell was the cutest thing. He was incredibly nervous around people and was less than sure of me at first. But within the first hour, he decided I was okay and stayed glued to my leg, but continued to be afraid of everyone else who came up, backing away, cowering, and shaking uncontrollably.
I tried to explain to Russell that this behavior was not his best selling point to passersby who could give him a nice home, but he still had trouble pulling himself together.
Russell was 2 years old and had been a stray his whole life.
One of the many families who came by had read Russell's bio online and seen a video, and was very interested. I tried to talk him up like I had known him for more than 1 hour, and they left saying he was top on their list!
I hope that Russell has a nice home very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment!