Sunday, July 06, 2014

Lugano Lately

I think especially while I am here, pictures will speak much louder than words.

So here is Lugano lately, in pictures...



I am fairly bummed that I can't go on student trips this year. Canyoning, rafting, Milan, etc. But this is a decent second.

We celebrated the 4th of July at school, despite it obviously not being a thing in Switzerland. Here I am with an American student who had the same idea.

The Academic Dean and I had a slow day on Thursday. We decided to find chairs for our patio.

Most games are on at 10pm here. We don't have TVs. So we stream from our computers.

We went out for a friend's birthday the night Switzerland was playing Argentina. The men at the bar decided that we needed more Swiss spirit. Sad ending.

This must be what it's like as a parent, when your kids are gone for the weekend. The admin team went out for dinner on Saturday night while the kids were away. This is at the Mojito Shack by the water.

This is the center of campus.

I had Saturday off and ran down to Lake Lugano in downtown Lugano.

And went to Target. Expensive Target. I bought 2 boxes of granola bars and a pack of gum for 13 francs, which is about $15. Switzerland is not cheap!

Downtown Lugano

Out for Paul's birthday! It's funny....9 years ago, I was not part of this "old" group. I was part of the young counselor group. Now, these 4 I am with are the returners, as am I, and I have joined this "old" group. Weird!

Campus at night

Staff at the ice cream social

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic Katie!!! It looks like you're having a wonderful time! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!