And my first cooking project is chicken.
But.
This totally counts because I've always wanted to know what the heck to do with a whole chicken. Countless times while in Harris Teeter, I've bypassed the $0.97/lb whole chicken for the $49.97/lb chicken breast and thought, "Man I wish I knew how to cook that...oh well." Turns out, it's easier than the chicken breasts.
To find a recipe, I got very technical and googled, "most popular whole chicken recipes" and found one that seemed sufficient.
First step, mix dry ingredients and clean chicken.
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Rub chicken with dry ingredients inside of oven bag.
Stuff 5 cloves of chopped garlic inside the chicken.
Seal the bag.
Pop in the oven at 350 for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
When finished, you have a really moist, delicious chicken after approximately 5 minutes of total work.
It wasn't even hard to cut.
Yum!
YUM. definitely try the barefoot contessa's roast chicken - so yummy!
ReplyDelete