Thursday, June 28, 2012

I am LOVING this craft thing...

It's official...the craft part of this challenge is hands-down my favorite. I think it's because I've always cooked (a little), and volunteered (a little), and explored (some), but I have never done anything crafty. So it's new to me, and I'm discovering it's so FUN. And surprisingly EASY. 

My festive and patriotic 4th of July wreath was a huge success. I don't know what that lady on Pinterest was talking about, rent 3-4 feature length films. She must be a bit slow, because it took me about an hour, maybe two. Perhaps she had a larger wreath.

First I bought some materials at my new favorite store, Michael's. 

6 pieces of red felt, 6 pieces of white, 4 pieces of blue. Straight pins, foam wreath.


Next I cut 2 x 2 inch squares of felt, kinda eye-balled it, didn't get technical.


Following the lady's instructions, I folded each piece of felt diagonally in half, and in half again (to make a double triangle), and stuck a pin in the folded end and into the wreath.

And again, and again, and again, and again, until I finished an adequate blue section.


I continued with white and red felt, with white sections bordering each end of blue, until I'd gone all the way around the wreath.


I decided to go ahead and tackle the 3D stars since I had approximately 6-7 hours of scheduled time remaining. :)

I went back to favorite store, purchased some glittery felt star stickers (seriously this store must have everything), used some wire that I bought at Target for last month's cutest-frame-you-ever-did-see, twisted the wire around a marker, stuck the stars back to back, and LOOK how cute...


Don't you think the male roomies are going to love it and be so proud to call this Ballston door their own? I do ;)






2 comments:

  1. you did such a great job! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Katie!!! I am so impressed with your craft skills. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!