Thursday, December 06, 2012

A much needed hike

Living 3 miles from the DC line, amidst traffic and tall buildings, I forget how not far away the mountains actually are. 

I was craving a hike in the crisp December air, so I grabbed some of my fav work friends and headed out to the Shenandoah.

I packed snacks and mentally prepared for a long drive (I hate the car) but 90 quick minutes of good convo later we were at the trail head of Little Devil's Staircase. 


It was amazing weather. We were actually hot in our one layer of long sleeve and yoga pants. 


There were beautiful water falls.


And lots of rock scrambles.


We pretended we weren't in VA, but more like Utah or...DENVER. 




We are trying to start our own once a month hiking group...we'll see how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!