I have a new obsession...infinity scarves.
People who know me well know that I have a tendency to be a couple months (or years) behind a fashion trend, and then when I finally catch up, I get stuck on it, probably causing me to again get behind on the next one.
Current examples: puffy vests, boots, long necklaces, skinny jeans. And infinity scarves.
My cute friend Heather recently told me she saw an idea for how to make your own infinity scarf out of a shirt.
Seeing as I now have trouble deeming an outfit complete without my newly discovered accessory, I tried it.
The DIY suggested to use jersey cotton since it doesn't fray when cut. I decided to use a striped shirt since most of my others are solid (too boring).
The directions were to cut off the top half of the shirt with sleeves and discard, leaving you with this...
TA DA! Pretty cute, huh?
(Please be sure to take notice of the fact that I have JOINED the 21st century, and made sure to get the cutest case on the block ;) )
In researching how to make infinity scarves, I came across a really easy way to sew jersey cotton from the fabric store. I'm planning to try this as well because 1. I can buy more fabric than comes with my tshirt and then wrap it around my neck twice which would create more body and warmth and 2. I can find cuter fabric than I own in tshirts.
I've been searching around for jersey cotton at the local fabric stores and it's surprisingly harder to find than I thought.
Hopefully, scarf #2 will be coming in January!
oh my gosh! it turned out AWESOME! i may have to do this... :)
ReplyDelete