And I mean officially here, more than I was last Friday, because my parents just left so now I really live here.
How does it feel? Mostly good, a little bit weird. I have a million and one things on my to-do list, lots of people to meet, and lots of exploring to do so I don't think I'll be bored or lonely. Just gotta get used to it.
I have 3 weeks until school starts. One of those weeks is a New Teacher Institute (which is good - will keep me busy and allow me to meet teacher friends). So I have 2 weeks to finish getting settled before I start school on August 20th (the day before my birthday - ya know how some people aren't birthday people? I am. Do you think they'd think I was weird if I wore a ribbon that said "It's my birthday!" on the 2nd day of school? Probably.)
Anyway, the stay in Tennessee was great. Lots of family came to enjoy the lake. I spent a lot of time redoing furniture (that you will see in my next post entitled "The Shoebox"). I was ready to go by the end of the 2 weeks because I was anxious to get to CO, and because my mom and I were driving ourselves (not each other) crazy planning for the Shoebox because we had time. We needed to leave.
So off we went, 2 full days of driving, me driving my car, my parents driving their car and pulling the Uhaul since they have a hitch. The drive was not as bad as I thought it would be. I did it all myself and didn't even have my parents come into my car to chat or share the drive. I figured it was as good a time as any to start the Big Girl Pants.
We spent the past week getting the Shoebox ready, exploring, and visiting with old friends (we have 2 old neighbors from Fairfax within an hour, and my mom has a cousin right in the city).
And then they left.
So here I am, sitting on my couch, beginning Part II of my blog: My journey from DC to Denver.
I hope you enjoy my adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment!