I live in a building called "The Rocket." There is a model rocket, larger than me, outside of the building. It is made out of old metal parts of any kind. It is awesome, and everyone around here knows exactly where I live when I tell them.
There is a rocket on my front door made out of an iron.
There are showcases of rockets all along the inside hallways.
The outside of the building is lined with other recycled designs.
My dad's favorite part - old Electrolux vacuum cleaners along the entire outside of the building.
This is the mailroom.
My building is part of a company called Boutique Apartments. Two cool guys started the company in the 80s and themed a bunch of buildings. They believe in being green and recycling. They bought old buildings and renovated them with energy efficient appliances, windows, recycled tiles, etc. They also feature an artist and a theme in each building, all pieces made with recycled materials.
This is the bike shed where bike #2 is kept so that I thankfully don't have to keep them both in The Shoebox.
Did anyone see on the news how studios or "micro apartments" are the new up and coming thing in big cities?
I'm so hip.
your building seems so "you." :) loving all the updates!
ReplyDelete