I will be in Denver 1 week from today. Crazy.
It's been an amazing summer, and though it's been a lot of work and there have been some tough situations, I'm the least ready to leave that I've ever been...and that's a good feeling.
I just returned from my weekend-off in Florence. I went with a counselor here, Rachel, a girl I've connected with the most out of everyone.
Like everyone said it would be, Florence was of course wonderful.
Not my favorite place in Italy - that is either Venice or Cinqueterre - but great.
Here it is in pictures:
The Arno River - splits the city in half and has beautiful bridges over it like this one - the Ponte Vecchio
Our first night was one of my favorites - we aimlessly
walked around just trying to get a feel for the city. We ended up in one
of the main squares, Piazza Republicca, and got a front row table at a
decently priced restaurant, to eat pizza, drink wine, and people watch.
This man playing the accordion was a common sight and sound, making the experience so dream-like!
There was a piazza called Piazza Michelangelo that was at the top of a hill and you could see all of Florence from up there! (Kinda looks like DC right?!)
We
saw the real David, it was amazingly detailed, much more impressive
than the Mona Lisa in Paris. And then we saw many fake Davids, people
dressed up like him in the streets!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment!