Friday, September 05, 2014

Denver Again.

Hello again!

Sorry for the delay after all the frequent posts from Switzerland. One of my loyal readers emailed me saying, "Ummm...I keep checking...it's been a while?" which I LOVE. Because it means you care! Thanks for caring :)

So I flew in almost 3 weeks ago (how is that possible) and started school 6 sleeping hours later, that very next morning. Luckily only with teachers.  It was a whirlwind week of moving my stuff back in to my apartment. I rented it out, furnished, to a girl from Craigslist. It was great, and I happily accepted her rent checks into my checking account while I was away.

I've now finished week 2 with the kiddos, and TGIF...seriously.

It's GOOD I promise, but Lordy, there needs to be more "Teachers get free coffee at Dunkin Donuts in September" deals. September. is. the. hardest. month. Harder than June for me. The kids are so not your kids from the end of last year - who knew your routines, knew you, knew what made you tick, knew how far to creep up to the line but when not to go over, etc.

I actually started the summer feeling sad whenever I heard "Let it Go" from Frozen because it's all we listened to the last week of school during class. And when I heard it, it made me miss them.

I know I will get there with this bunch. I'm not there yet.

But let me make sure I say, this start of the year is MAGICAL compared to the start of last year.

Do you remember the Supply Guard Dog?!?!

You guys. I got to order $1,000 worth of my own supplies this year.

Oh the joys of not being new and earning trust and worth.

We also got selected to do a pilot ESL curriculum program. This is more amazing than you could possibly imagine, because at the end of September we're getting a curriculum in a box, and a good one, that I will teach from and not create everything I ever do from scratch....all day on Sunday.

I actually had to go to training on my birthday. And texted this picture to my admin with the caption, "Best birthday present ever."



So though September is rough, and I might have a paper chain countdown for the 25 days left in this month....school life is good.

Speaking of my birthday...it was much less tearful than last year. Thank God. I had a fine day at training, and then went on a great bike ride to get beers with my couple of wonderful friends here.


(I didn't get a picture with everyone. BUT, seriously, check out my shirt. It's so amazing.)

Being back in Denver is good.

I have been to Target 7 times.

I was on my bike all last weekend.


I have really enjoyed cooking and eating my own healthy food.

I've been making lots of cards for friends. I love making cards. But I also try to remember not to tell too many people that. One Saturday night a friend was asking for suggestions on what we should do because it was raining. I enthusiastically said, "You could come over and we could make greeting cards!!!!"

We did not make cards that night.

But I did make this sweet card the next day!


And....these fine folks are coming on Friday....for one whole month!



No they are not staying in the Shoebox. We found a super cute B&B down the street from me that has killer monthly rates. They will have their own kitchen, sitting room, and balcony. I can come over for dinner, we can go for walks at night. I'm pretty excited.

By the way, I am staying in the Shoebox another year. I have to admit, I love the Shoebox. The size of the sink, and the dishes piling up on my stove do get to me. But it's so cozy and homey, and really all that I need, not to mention letting me save money to do things like fly to China in December to see my dearer than dear friend Laura and her family.
I even got a new rug which I'm in love with and kinda, sorta, almost, but not really, makes it seem like a whole new place.



And because he is just so. darn. cute.

Here is Eggie.





 









2 comments:

  1. I love you and am so thrilled you have so many wonderful things going on in your life! Eggie is beyond adorable (obviously)!
    My only complaint with your post is that you failed to mention that your school basically said you were doing everything so well they wanted others to do stuff just like you! (At least that's what I think I remember us discussing?) Thankfully, I am here to read every post and keep you from being too humble. You are amazeballs, just own it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA. Sue, I surely do NOT remember the convo going exactly like that, but thank you. You are a great fan! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!