I think as Denver becomes the new normal, I'm not going to have as many "themed" posts about big, new events and outings. There will be more random updates about life lately. So here goes...
School is really good.
I have 1-2 tough kids in every grade (K-4). And those kids make some days really tough.
But the other kids are SO great...that it's okay.
And when I remember why the tough kid is being tough...it just makes it okay.
Here are some pics of my precious days...
| One of my toughest. But....look at him :) |
I helped re-build a church from last spring until now. It's a Christian Community church that had a location about 5 miles from me and was making a new chapter right down the street from me. They bought an old church and needed help cleaning it up. I went every Sunday to clean and paint, and finally last weekend they had their first service. I can walk or ride my bike, and it's the kinda church that has a band playing rock-Christian music in the beginning. I love it.
I. bought. these. (At the used sports store where I buy all my toys...)
They are just as great as they look and as I imagined. I can rollerblade around Wash Park (our "Central Park") for hours with my music. It's mostly so amazing because it doesn't hurt my knees like running does. Today I put my rollerblades in the basket of Pink Bike and biked there....pure happiness.
Dan came to Denver! For work. This fine man asked me to Senior Prom by yelling from the stands as I was running off the soccer field at Chantilly. It was so, so fun to catch up and hear about his little girl, Hadley.
I heart pumpkin patches. This is my dear friend, Meghan, from work who went to Fairfax HS!
My other friend from work, Jenny, just got a foster son, Daniel. She is a single mom and has 2 teenagers of her own. Sometimes she needs a break. So I took Daniel on an outing on Sunday.
We rode a train, went to a pumpkin patch/ice cream shop, and played in a creek. And listened to Katy Perry on repeat. I might have had more fun than he did.
Life is good in Denver. I still miss VA and always will. Hope you all are having a great fall. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment!