Tuesday, June 09, 2015

School's out for summer

Despite the challenging days of the spring, school ended with big, soft, mushy hearts.

The last week was Spirit Week, with a theme each day.

One day was "Dress like a teacher" day. These two sweet things dressed like me! I was most impressed with Mia on the right - stylish scarf, classic white shirt, skinny jeans, and Toms - nailed it. 


My favorite was crazy hair day.



I forgot to get pictures of sweatpants day, wacky tacky (a day that rivaled crazy hair day for me), and sports day.

I promised pics of my darlings on the last day, so here they are. They are all holding hearts because we are celebrating filling up our heart jar. All year, every time someone was kind to someone else, we added a heart. Every time someone was unkind to someone else, we took a heart out.

It took us all year. But we filled it. And celebrated.

(Not pictured: Kindergarten. I didn't have them on the last day. Praise Jesus.)
(My groups are much bigger than this. Clearly parents have caught on to the amount of learning that happens the last week of school.)

1st grade...




2nd grade...

3rd grade...(my toughest group. every single kid was there. on the last day of school.)


4th grade...


3rd grade requested a selfie...



I also said goodbye to this sweet foster kid...who will most likely soon be adopted by Jenny, the world's biggest heart. 


And I will MISS them this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!