Sunday, May 15, 2016

HOME!

I went home for Spring Break. I had been home twice in the fall for weddings, but for less than 48 hours each and that just wasn't enough.

This was the kind of trip where I rented a car, was there for 9 full days, and saw everyone.


It was glorious. 

Someday I will achieve the goal of taking a picture with everyone I see. But I think that will only happen if I take a picture the very first second that I arrive there with them. By the time we get talking and I rush out to get to my next plans, I inevitably forget to take the picture.

So once again, here are the gems that I got!

My dear, special friends from my beloved elementary school, Fairhill. Not one of them works there any more, but we still remain closer than close. It's hard to believe that we even had a time when we were all there. I mean, I didn't even want it to be a Saturday.


These are some great people who ARE still at Fairhill. Every time I go back to VA, I let myself into Fairhill and roam the halls jumping in to rooms and hugging people. I'm beginning to not know the kids, ahhhh!!, but interrupting class time to talk to these people is so fun! 


Kelly's weird, weird cats. They are hairless, and she got them because her husband is allergic. They have to keep their body temp high because they don't have fur to warm them, so I picked one up and said, "Kelly, he is sick! He has a fever!" Nope, he is just HOT all the time. 
So weird. And cute. Kind of. 





Kara's crew of 3. We go to dinner just the girls, but then I have to come over and see these guys! Remember last spring break when Reagan just happened to be born when I was there. Now she is 1!



Oh this girl. Esther. She was the position I do at TASIS now (Dean of Students) my first year at TASIS when I was a counselor. She is from DC and we hit it off and became good friends back home. I know do her job at TASIS and often say to myself, "What would Esther do?"
She was single for a long time, just like me. But then she met her husband and had this guy. And she says it can happen to me too! And she continues to be my inspiration.



My UVA loves. We won't talk about how Amanda's husband interviewed for a job in both CO and DC and then got the job in DC so they moved from NC to DC and not NC to CO and how that is still painful for me. We won't talk about that. We'll just celebrate being able to see her easily when I go to VA. :)


My dear friend, Casie!! I went to UVA education school with Casie and we got paired to do practicums together. THEN, she got a job at my mom's school and my mom was her mentor! 10 years later, she has Jack and we meet up and run and have lunch and catch up like the dear, old friends that we are.


Mary Frances. I babysat her from the day she was born. Now she is graduating from Tech next weekend and then flying out to Denver to go to Yellowstone with me. Oh, and then flying to Switzerland the day after I leave Switzerland to work a job at the college down the street from TASIS for the fall. Small world. I love her. 


Katie Squared #2!!!!
I am #1 because I was born first. 
Katie was my bestest friend growing up and we were known as Katie Squared. 
Now she has 2 little guys, but she left them with her mom so that we could go to coffee and TALK, and that was so nice!
I say it all the time, but there is nothing like old friends. 


Dear, dear Missy. I think I have known her since 5th grade. We kind of followed each other through girl scouts and soccer, but were never close friends. Then we ran into each other in the halls of UVA and decided to finally get together. Through computer science, after work runs, living in Arlington, her wedding, and now the birth of her daughter Sophia, I think I talk to Missy the most frequently on the phone out of anyone. We keep each other going and sane. 


I luckily probably spent the most time with this guy. Partly because I got him sick and then he had to stay home from daycare and I stayed with him. But hopefully he saw the rainbow in his illness, spending time with me!





Thank you, Virginia, for remaining home for me no matter how long I stay away!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!