Okay so it was in January and I'm REALLY behind in my posts...but he did come!
It was the most amazing weekend ever.
I somehow talked Mike and Heather into flying to Denver 2 weeks after we left each other at Christmas in TN...and staying in my Shoebox.
I moved out and slept at a friend's and they enjoyed the comforts of the "Shoebox Chalet."
One of my favorite memories is when they flew in at 11pm and Mike said he was hungry so Heather put Alex to bed and we went out to a dive cafe for food with all the drunk and high 20 year olds. We never hang us just the two of us. I liked that.
Alex saw his first snow!!! That is another cool memory.
We started our weekend at Redrocks (I have strategy when people come to visit...)
We checked out the flagship REI and cheers-ed with some coffee and milk.
Alex is obsessed with trains. There is a cool train that runs along a river near the Broncos stadium. It was not running regular that weekend because of a Broncos game. We were so disappointed. Until they told us that we could ride in the FRONT since there was no room in the back.
He spent the entire ride waving and yelling just like this...
The rodeo and petting zoo was in town that weekend! We did absolutely everything there was to do.
On their last day, we went to Garden of the Gods in CO Springs.
I was worried there wouldn't be enough to do after we walked around and looked at the rocks. It was far from a problem as all Alex wanted to do was RUN!
When he first sees me he doesn't like me very much because he doesn't remember me. But by the end I win him over and oh my heart...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment!