Saturday, February 16, 2013

Heart-filled crafts

 
I've never decorated for Valentine's Day. After looking on Pinterest for ideas, I cannot believe the travesty in this. Everything is so pink and cute.
 
I saw two ideas, emailed Kerry a message that I'm pretty sure went exactly like this: "Omg, look how cute..." and we got together that weekend.

 

The first one involved mason jars, doilies, felt, and string or yarn. It took less than 5 minutes total.
 
 
And I immediately realized why every crafter loves mason jars so much.
 

 
The next one felt like it took 5 hours (but was probably more like 1) and needed a styrofoam wreath, colored felt, and gray yarn.
 


We wrapped yarn around and around and around the wreath...


Cut hearts out of the light pink, dark pink, and red felt. Glued them on top of the wrapped yarn.

And then took another piece of yarn and wrapped it diagonally across each heart, and again the other way.



And I ended up with a new piece of door decor to make the boys feel proud to live in 313 since it's been so long since THIS. 


:)














1 comment:

Leave a comment!