I'll start this out on a sad note, and end it on a good note. That's always the direction you should go, right?
I received terrible news last Friday afternoon that one of my dear friends from high school had passed away unexpectedly. I can't really describe the feeling that one gets when they hear that sentence on the other end of the phone, nor can I recount much of the conversation. But I am so eternally grateful for the 5 hometown friends who left messages and texts while I was busy at school, pleading me to call them before perusing Facebook that afternoon...and to Molly who took my call with her strength that somehow, seriously, never waivers.
So I am on my way to the Outer Banks tomorrow to celebrate a beautiful life that was cut way, way, entirely too short.
But I have SUCH fond memories with this girl - my own pillowcase at her house, endless beach trips, falling down sand dunes, driving through Chantilly in her jeep listening to Nsync, Matchbox 20, or Tim McGraw, sleepovers in her basement, gymnastics meets, eating Blondies at Ruby Tuesdays, my mom paying for her gas when I was STILL not 16 and she had to drive me everywhere...and so much more.
And I know she is making heaven a very happy place right now. I love you, Jessie.
I wasn't going to go on the 14er trip that I had planned. But in the end, I couldn't sit in my Shoebox any longer and look at old pictures and messages pop up on Facebook.
So I figured hiking is cheaper than therapy, and I headed out to Mt. Yale with my new sweet friend John.
I was one of those tourists (like Kara) who started taking pictures from the car, even though they were nothing compared to what we were about to see.
The leaves changing at the trail head...
Oh here's the top!
It was SO COLD AND SO WINDY.
on the way down...stripped about 899 layers.
The end.
Fall is pretty great here...come visit!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment!