The family good news continues - Mike and Heather are having a BOY!!
I have started sending Mike a name suggestion a day. He has yet to respond to or acknowledge any of them. Maybe he doesn't care for my opinion?
Anyway, tried on bridesmaid dresses for Jason's wedding on Saturday. Picked this one, love it! But will be in teal...
Had coffee with my mom's sweet and hilarious cousin on Sunday morning, on my favorite cobble-stoned street, Larimer Square, which is now decorated for Christmas...
Then had lunch in Golden (CO is full of cute little towns) with the Rolls' (great family friends who live in Fairfax) family who lives here. So thankful for connections!
Went to my first CO Avalanche hockey game against the Caps! The Avalanche killed the Caps - it seems that CO is very good at professional sports!
We got to go on the ice afterwards because the company of one of the guys I was with had an event afterwards on the ice and we invited ourselves along.
I had Monday off for Veteran's Day, and got to watch a bit of my beloved Today Show, which I miss every morning because I leave for school at 6am. It was the highlight of my weekend!!
But didn't get to watch too much because I headed off for my first day of Rocky Mountain skiing with my friend, Liz.
Here is a picture of the mountains on the way to skiing. But it's also the view that I see often as I drive down the road in Denver. I don't think it will ever get old, and I seriously exclaim, "Look at those beautiful mountains!" every time I see them...even when I am alone in the car.
We geared up in the parking lot, because the gondola was right there, super easy.
And started our day!
My biggest take-away after today is that there are no easy slopes in Colorado. I hadn't skied in I think 3 years - I've been hesitant since my knee surgery. So for our first run, Liz took me down what she thought was the easiest slope (turns out it wasn't) and I had a hilarious first time down, falling, sliding down the hill head first, trying to get up but falling and sliding some more because it was so steep, people yelling from the lift to see if I was okay, me attempting to answer while laughing. Luckily we found the real "easiest" slope for me to practice a little on - still SO STEEP - and I didn't fall anymore, and started to remember things I had learned years ago. I have a long way to go, but hopefully it'll all come back, and with my season pass I should have lots of time to practice!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment!