Sunday, December 01, 2013

The Best Thanksgiving Ever.

Not surprisingly, Thanksgiving in the Homeland was fantastic. It was a great mix of friends and family,  and was busy yet a great break from work. 

It started out not so fantastic when I arrived to the Denver airport only to learn that my flight had been cancelled due to the plane breaking. While I do appreciate their attention to such detail, I had to inform them that their offer to fly me out tomorrow was not going to work with my social calendar and I needed them to do anything they could to get me out that day. I ended up flying in to BWI at midnight rather than DCA at 6pm, but at least I got there. Endless thanks to Missy for making the trek to Baltimore.

I was able to see lots of great friends the first 3 days I was there, but only took pictures with about half the people I saw. I was too busy catching up and forgot to always snap photos, so I'm sorry if you are not featured!


UVA babies getting their first CO onesie. 

Half the M3RX UVA crew

Diana and sweet Claire

Jacquie from Fairhill, Deaglan, and I all decided to match

 A few Fairhill Loves

More Fairhill Loves

Fairhill Loves who have all moved on to other things but remain such great friends of mine

Sleepover with Kara's daughter, Quinn

Again, I forgot to take pictures with everyone - I also got to see Becca, Molly and Tina, Sue and Mary, the Scoggins family, and Missy (sorry Miss, the PJ pic was just not cutting it!).

To be honest, being home made me pretty confused on what I'm supposed to do with my life - stay in Denver with the mountains that I love, or enjoy my adventure and move back home to Virginia with the people that I love. It will be the ongoing dilemma/debate/third-life-crisis for which I will most likely be eliciting your advice. I appreciate any profound thoughts, though if you say, "it seems like you're giving up pretty fast," I will kindly let you know that that is not very helpful. :)

After not enough time to visit with friends, I boarded a bus to NYC with my family to see the city for Christmas and meet Jason's fiance's parents.

We had a great time seeing the lights...




Going to our very first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (it was great, but it was COLD).



And because I always have to stick in a friend visit wherever I go, here I am with an old friend I used to play soccer with on the Electrics, Mary. Please excuse my hair, it was very windy. ;)


On Thursday, we had a great Thanksgiving dinner with Stephanie's sweet family. Stephanie made everything herself, so my brother is very lucky! I again was too distracted to remember to take a picture. And we of course talked a lot about the exciting wedding coming up in April!

Then we headed off the next day to see the windows decorated for Christmas. 


And see some beautiful trees (even though the Rockefeller wasn't lit up yet).


Now I am happy to be back home in Denver, decorating the Shoebox for the holidays. I am super excited for all the Christmasy stuff there is to do here. Tonight is the first event, Zoolights. The only problem = only 3 weeks in which to do it all. I will be busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!