Sunday, January 05, 2014

Celebrity sighting in Vail.

Remember how I wanted to do everything Christmasy in Denver? I was most looking forward to the Botanical Gardens lights tour because I'd heard it was really great and I love the Botanical Gardens here in the summertime. 

Well continuing on my trend of getting really sick about every other week here, I was sick when I was supposed to go with a friend before Christmas, but refused to miss it this year, so went by myself this week to make sure I fit it in.

To be honest, it was slightly disappointing - just some lights on some trees in an otherwise dead garden....for $15.

But I did get one good picture which shows it probably better than it was...


...and now I can say I've done it. 

Moving on to the crazy weather here.

On Friday I ran in this...


And then drove 1.5 hours to do this...


...in Vail with some fun new friends.


Again, Vail is just too beautiful for words...


I know, I'm sorry I always look so creepy. But it was 3 degrees, forgive me. 

It was an overall great day and I continue to get better at skiing. 

I only had one incident. You see, Vail is an incredibly enormous mountain with trails going every which way, and a novice skier like myself must take great care to follow the green and blue signs and make sure I never end up on a black. But when it's snowing and the mountain is super crowded, both true yesterday, it's harder to follow the signs. I ended up in an area of only double blacks, so proceeded to take off my skis and hike back up the mountain (in a foot of snow at 12,000 feet) to where I could get on my green/blue trails again.

This is the sign I had apparently missed. The bottom warning sign (No Beginner Access) should definitely have flashing lights if you ask me! 


 But never fear, I ended up finding my favorite two runs and repeated them with great joy all day long!




And as for the celebrity sighting, after skiing we went to drinks (note: really called "apres" for everyone not up on their hip ski terms as I was not until arriving to CO) and sat next to a REAL HOUSEWIFE OF BEVERLY HILLS (another note: I've never actually seen this show). Because that's evidently what happens when you "apres" in Vail.

Real Housewife is in the ski hat - Taylor Armstrong - husband committed suicide in 2011?
It's been a great 2 week vacation and now I am sadly back to work tomorrow. Happy 2014 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!