Sunday, January 26, 2014

Valentine's Day crafting

Those of you who have just joined my blog since I've been in Denver might not know how it originated. In April 2012 I started a 1 year blog of doing all the things I always say I want to do but never make time to do. It was a challenge to do 1 thing per month in each of 4 categories: cooking, crafting, volunteering, and exploring new places. I had a lot of fun doing it and finished it in April 2013, the month I made the decision to move to Denver. 

One thing I learned in my year of blogging was how much I enjoy doing crafts. With the move and the mountains, I haven't done a ton of crafting since, have missed it, and so have decided to pick it up again.

Last February, my craft was a Valentine's Day wreath, which is now proudly displayed on my door, hanging from the rocket ship made from an iron (normal). 


So this year I perused Pinterest and found a cute craft that doesn't take a ton of talent since, despite the love for it, artistic talent is not one of my strengths. 

I visited the Denver version of Michael's, called Hobby Lobby, and bought these materials. 


Cut the paper to fit the wood, and modge-podged it on there...



Then cut a heart out of felt, glued it on, and wrapped around and tied some cool looking brown rope/string.


And TA-DAH!...it looks great on my windowsill with the mason jars that were also last year's February craft. 


Happy Almost February to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!