I just dropped Missy off at the airport after the best weekend of her visiting from VA. Missy is a dear friend of mine, who I have known since elementary school. We have kind of followed each other through life - girl scouts, club soccer, UVA, Arlington, post college marathons and triathlons. And I was honored to be a bridesmaid in her wedding in October of 2012.
The one person I knew out here when I moved, Brennan, I know through Missy, so it was great to all reunite for a beautiful 60 degree walk around Wash Park on Saturday.
I showed her all the tourist hotspots including the flagship REI and Starbucks.
We biked everywhere on Saturday - probably 10-15 miles around the city. She rode Beautiful Pink Bike, while I dusted off Totally Neglected Red and Black Bike.
We met up with Brennan again, and her fiance Ben, for dinner at the BEST restaurant ever (and I am so not a foodie) called "Linger." (If you are ever in Denver!)
On Sunday we left at 5:30am to head to the mountains and miss traffic. It was a beautiful day of skiing in Keystone. (And Missy is way better than me) (BUT I think I had a breakthrough this weekend and I figured some things out and MIGHT be getting way better. Stay tuned...)
On Sunday night we turned the lights out at exactly 8:56pm because that is what getting up at 5am and skiing for 8 hours does to you.
But got up Monday and headed to Redrocks...
And Lookout Mountain in Golden...
And I made this fun collage because it's my favorite app on my phone.
Thanks for coming out, Miss! It was the best.
Next visit up = Mama and Papa Hein, Presidents' Day Weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment!