Anyway, since learning this, I have now taken a liking to the design myself and decided the iron rocket ship needed a wreath adorned with this new fad.
So I perused the internet, combined some ideas I saw, and got to work.
I needed these materials:
I cut the infamous chevron fabric into strips and wrapped them around the wreath, pinning them at the ends.
Then I cut squares of yellow felt, folded the squares in half, and half again, and pinned them at the fold to create flowers..
And now the iron rocket ship is trendier than trendy!
If you don't believe me that the stuff is popular, they now make packaging envelopes in chevron...
To share some other happenings around Denver, I made it to another professional sporting event last week. My friend Ashley got 7th row seats to the Nuggets game and so kindly asked me to join her. I've now been to Rockies, Avalanche, and Nuggets. I need to do Broncos and Rapids and I have all the big ones!
I did my first 2-day ski trip last weekend to Beaver Creek. I've spent the night before, but never skied the next day. I've now skied 9 days this season! I'm hoping to make it to 10. Beaver Creek is a super uppity resort on my pass (don't worry, we stayed at the Days Inn) and gives you warm chocolate chip cookies at the bottom!
I enjoyed taking in this beautiful view for the weekend...
and I can never quite get over this...such is the life of a 2 year old living in CO!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment!