Monday, March 03, 2014

Exploring the West

This past weekend I decided it was time to check out New Mexico!

My great friend, Heather, just moved from Arlington, VA to Phoenix, Arizona. After a little google mapping, we decided that Albuquerque, NM was a perfect 6.5 hours for both of us. So I got in the car and drove south and she got in the car in drove east!

I think we both hoped Albuquerque was going to be a bit more happening....it was not.

I think it's most known for it's annual balloon festival...which was not happening this weekend. Other than that, it was a pretty run-down city with a couple shops and a couple restaurants (and I'm not just using the word "couple"...there were actually like two of each).

But never fear, Heather and I found the grill, the hotel bar, the tapas restaurant, and the night club having a Jewish lesbian wedding that night, and had a blast.



This was actually an establishment...and there were cars at the window..


On the way home I stopped in Santa Fe and had brunch with my aunt and uncle. I should have taken a picture of their house and surroundings. Stunning! 

Aside from Albuquerque, New Mexico is very beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!