Sunday, January 11, 2015

Part 5 and Final: Hong Kong

Last stop...Hong Kong. 

I didn't really know what to ask to do when I visited China and Thailand. I knew Will would plan everything better than anything I could know to do. But one thing I did request was to go to Hong Kong. I love cities, and hustle and bustle, and experience. 

Of course my wonderful hosts followed through and took me to Hong Kong. And an experience it was! 

Sadly, Laura stayed home with the girls because we'd been going soooo much the past 2 weeks, despite the fact that they had been to Hong Kong before and had done okay, we chose to keep them at home. 

So it was the adventures of Will, Katie, and Owen in Hong Kong...and Owen was a rockstar. 

You first arrive on the train to mainland Hong Kong and can see the skyline across the way on the island. 


Then you take a ferry over to Hong Kong Island, where it's a combination of New York City on steroids...


...and San Francisco. 
The reason I think it has a feel of San Fran is because it's built on a mountain on the island. For this reason, there is a series of escalators...outside...that take you up the mountain, and you get off at various mid-levels to go on the street you want. Crazy!! 



A little rest for Owen and beer for Will and Katie.



Lunch outside, looking across at the mainland, watching all the cruise ships. 



I could NOT get enough of the skyline. I love lights, and this skyline had some incredible lights! 



What an incredible experience!


Laura kept saying, "So next time you come..." which I kept giggling at, but I guess you never know, so until next time Asia!!!

1 comment:

  1. What!?!?! Katie on the interwebs! How did I miss this until now?!?! Ack - I will now proceed to spend an excessive amount of time in the archives. We are SO bummed we missed you in Thailand, but we're headed back to the states in the summer and hope to come check out Colorado at some point in the nearish future!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!