A huge highlight of our summer here is the Milan Expo. It is a world's fair type thing that takes place every two years in a different location. We are less than an hour from Milan so we have trips going to the event every weekend.
There is a theme each time and this year's theme is sustainable food. 145 countries came and set up pavilions to showcase their efforts towards sustainable food for the future. There were exhibits, food tastings, music, etc.
I was determined to jump on this trip and had SUCH a great time. It was kinda like Disney World and I LOVE Disney!
Here is a group of girls I walked around with in front of the Swiss Pavilion.
The American pavilion was a little disappointing compared to the other countries, but we visited it to show our patriotism.
This was the giant "Tree of Life," kind of the emblem of the event. It was so beautiful!
I visited Korea for my Korean side of the family!
Brazil was a favorite because of their entrance. Not sure why they chose to have this netting as their entrance, but it made the pavilion unique.
By far my favorite was the Czech Republic. They brought a pool with a bird statue in the center. They somehow missed the "Sustainable Food" memo. Either that or they saw the high 90 temps, said screw it, and brought a pool!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment!