I know most of my Instagram pictures are glorious, momentous events, so here I will show you more of the normal daily life of TASIS!
This view. It is incredible that it is part of daily life! I don't live at the top of this building anymore, but I still do my morning walks up above and come down the staircase every day. It takes my breath away. This is with no filter. It just plain looks like this!
Some staff members bring their kids and I love that part. It makes it like home. The kids go to the elementary program during the day and then stay with our staff members at night (even though some 6 year olds board here!) They play outside of my window in the yard and often stop by to say hello. Their parents always tell them to leave me alone, but I say come back!
I'm sure you see Denis in many of my pictures. He is one of my best friends here. From France. So funny and fun. When I pulled out my iphone 6 and he saw the size of it, he decided that this would be the size of the iphone 12.
This is my apartment.
And the square that it's in.
It's not the palace that I had last year. The elementary director stole that one from me. But it's still nice and I'm happy to have a place larger than a shoe box that I don't have to clean.
The first week we have many staff outings to bond. They treat us to beautiful dinners.
I tried to capture the beauty of this dinner, but the picture didn't quite make it.
We do have so, so much fun. We live, eat, play, work, breath, and almost poop together for 8 weeks so we get very close.
This is Denis, Bella (another best friend here) and I on arrival day. We have to sit here from 9am until 10pm while all the kids arrive and come through our stations. We get verrrry loopy after a while.
This is the director, Jim. He's a great guy to work for and learn from.
And here is a view from one of my favorite paths downtown. When I have a few free hours (which is about twice the whole summer) I walk/run down there and look at this!
I just realized their were no pictures of high schoolers in all of my daily life despite the large part they play! I will add some to future posts. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment!