I have a feeling I'm going to like how my ideas come about and morph for these projects. This picture frame idea began while in Gettysburg for a wedding. I was perusing some boutiques with some friends and came across a totally different frame, thought "I want to make that!", jotted down the idea, and returned home to try.
I tried googling whatever random description of the frame I could think of, to try to get ideas on how to do it. Similar to how I have a hard time describing fabric or flowers or other things to friends, I wasn't doing a great job describing this frame to Google and in result could not find the frame I was looking for. Though I easily could have made it without Google, while I was searching I found THIS cutest-frame-you-ever-did-see, and it quickly became my new project idea.
I needed a big frame so I visited a consignment shop near my school to see what they had. I so wish I had taken a picture of what the frame had in it before I knocked it out, because it was a pretty fantastic cross-stitched duck from the 80s.
Anyway, got rid of the duck so that I just had the frame.
Borrowed a staple gun from school and stapled wire in 2 rows across the inside of the frame.
Oh I had also painted clothespins along with the frame.
Clipped the pins to the wires.
And now it's the cutest picture frame you ever did see!
I LOVE it!!!
(and how cute are Owen, Ella, Ezekial, and my parents?!)
adorable!!!!! i love it.
ReplyDelete