Sunday, May 20, 2012

Something new to do with fish.


I had 4 of my 12 wonderful college roommates over for dinner last weekend. Both boys were out of town (glorious) and I had to take advantage. The chef of the group (well technically Virginia is the official chef, but she lives on a boat and is probably docked at some tropical island right now, so Amanda is the next chef in line) suggested we make fish tacos and I loved that idea because I always do the same thing with fish: bake it, and put it on a plate next to some vegetables. 

Amanda was the brains behind the operation but I tried hard to participate fully so that I could learn! 

We used tilapia fillets and sprinkled paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, and garlic.  



Baked them in the oven.

Then made a slaw using sour cream, the same 3 spices, lime juice, and chopped cabbage and cilantro.



                                                                                           


We also made guacamole as a topping. Grilled some tortillas. And ended with delicious tilapia tacos!


Thanks to Lauren, Allison, and Libby for taking care of the salads, dessert, and of course sangria.

Let's do that every weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!