A couple of weekends ago, while Amanda was in town, us UVA girls went to Shortcut to Europe: EU Open House. I had always heard of these days in DC, when the embassies open their doors to tourists. I've always thought it'd be interesting to see inside the different houses. I actually had been to the Swiss Embassy, twice, to get visas and papers to work at TASIS during those two summers. The inside of this embassy was not quite as magical and fairy tale-like as I hoped it would be. But fortunately, the three that we visited this time were much more inviting...maybe because it was EU Open House, and not a random Tuesday.
First we stopped at the British Embassy, which surprisingly wasn't too crowded. They were of course highlighting the Olympics and William and Kate.
I totally dropped the ball on pictures during this trip. I promise to be better next month!
Next stop was the Netherlands, where we spent the majority of the time quizzing one of the guards about what exactly the Netherlands consists of and how it relates to Holland. We still don't think he actually knew.
Then on to Croatia where we learned of popular organized bike trips through the beautiful country-side, which Allison is convinced is the exact place where I will meet my husband. Maybe I'll try that next summer ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment!