Saturday, May 03, 2014

Virginia Part 1

Oh man. There is only one adequate word for my week in VA...epic. 

I was able to see almost everyone I needed to see, minus a few friends whose schedule didn't work with the puzzle that is my time when I visit the Homeland. 

Thank you to everyone who helped transport me, feed me, give me a bed, and most importantly provided me with the best friendship and company a girl could ever ask for. 

This time I remembered to take pictures with almost everyone I saw. I think there are only 3 people not pictured? Sorry. I am so easily distracted.

Here is my amazing visit in pictures...

A small but wonderful representation of M3RX, my group of 13 girlfriends from college. Allison just had an adorable baby girl, Aniston, and we were able to get lots of great cuddles in. 

Missy and me on the top of the W hotel, somehow having lucked out on getting free bottle service through her husband's friend's self-thrown fancy bday bash

Missy and me in the stretch hummer limo that transported us around for said husband's friend's self-thrown fancy bday bash

My beloved elementary school, Fairhill, Happy Hour 

An award I received at the end of last year and saw on the wall for the first time, probably the biggest honor of my life, next to getting into college, mostly because Fairhill is a group of some of the most extraordinary people I've ever met. 

Jacquie from Fairhill, who now stays home with sweet Deaglan, but drives down from Baltimore to see me when I am home! Thank you Jacquie!!

The infamous Katie Squared, butt-buddies from 5th grade on, and her little Lucy


Sue...my great friend from my childhood club soccer team, the Electrics. I was able to meet her newest addition, David, and play with her sassy older addition, Anna. 

Becca, my loyal roomie from UVA, and beautiful Savannah

Tina! I wasn't allowed to put her TWIN belly on FB or instagram, but I am allowed to on my blog! Congratulations Tina! We are so, so, so, so excited for you and the boys!


Building towers by 8am with dear Quinn, Kara's daughter
Selfies with Quinn and Tyler..."We've done this before..."

Who has a rollercoaster in their backyard?!

A morning of vests and smiles

When we told Tyler that Katie (who is well-known for living in the mountains) had to go and we were driving her in the car, he thought we were going to the mountains and asked if he could bring his ball to the mountains. He was sorely disappointed when he woke up still in VA.



More kids! They made a band...

Tom Svercl, my Fairhill partner in crime's 3 little ones

The forever friends I made at Fairhill

Another M3RX baby...Brynn!

Casie from UVA ed school and my avid runner friend, and on-his-way-to-UVA Jack



Girls dinner! Heather and I happened to be back at the same time so we had a girls dinner for old time sake. These are a group of incredible girls from Fairhill and some great additions.

Seriously cute as a little doll, Bella. Ashley Hickcox/Castillo's new baby



I have to admit, I was EXHAUSTED by the time my parents picked me up for the start of the wedding festivities. But luckily I got a 2nd wind and was ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!